It is not just about delivering exceptionally cost effective equipment and designs. It is also about working with you to minimize your costs every step of the way.
Downtime is lost time for any working mine and that is what propelled our team to design rail car technology for continuous loading and unloading. Our mine cars haven’t just been designed for high speed operation; they are also designed to produce the lowest cost per ton hauled, even under extreme rail conditions. Our systems can be designed to sustain up to a 30 year life span, making them more economical in the long run and lowering their maintenance costs to well below many other haulage systems on the market.
- Over 30 years of experience in designing underground rail haulage and loading systems
- Available in side hinge or end hinge bottom discharge
- NMT’s team of designers and engineers are available to assist in system optimization and can custom design wagons of any capacity
- World renowned Schalke locomotives
- Latest AC power technology
- Use in round-the-clock operations
- Highly robust working in mines of all types
Proven Autonomous Systems
Need to orchestrate underground haulage and loading? We will design and supply the system you need to load, unload and do everything in between. Our know-how in underground haulage and loading systems is backed by more than 30 years experience. From chutes, to mine cars and unloading stations, Nordic Minesteel Technologies provides top-of-the-line equipment, designs using integrated custom solutions and provides all the expertise to get you – and keep you – moving.
NMT's world class automation has reduced production times at large mine sites owned by LKAB, Freeport-McMoRan and BHP Billiton.
- Automation increases mine site safety by removing operator personnel
- Continuous loading and unloading
- Automated dispatch
- Speed control
- Traffic control
- Fully autonomous
HAULAGE LEVEL ELECTRIFICATION
Let us design a state-of-the-art trolley system to enhance your operation.
- Reduced ventilation requirements when using haulage level electrification
- Outlasts batteries for long distance haulage
- Eliminates the need for diesel engines or trucks
- Reduced maintenance due to cleaner power source
HAULAGE LEVEL INTEGRATION
Haulage level integration is available with standard controls which are easily tied into the overall mine control system for remote control or monitoring.
- Displaying permitted, actual and target speeds
- Movement authority, presented to the driver through a graphical alphanumeric and analogue display, with both audible and visual alarms
- Driverless operation
- Information passes to/from the train through radio signals
- Train separation can be achieved through moving or fixed virtual block sections
- Single computer system
- Switch point machines controlled by interlockings
- Screen control room handles train supervision
Advanced Integrated Designs
TRAIN CONTROL SYSTEM
NMT will work closely with your project team to select and design the optimum control/monitoring system. NMT control systems can monitor all aspects of your haulage level to increase efficiencies and safety.
- Traffic control
- Train dispatch
- Switch points
Eliminate trains having to wait for each other at turnouts and bypasses when you work with NMT's experts on track design for haulage optimization. NMT can provide simulations to optimize the best overall layout for the operation of your mine sites operation.
A variety of rail types are available to suit all areas of the mine.
- Slab rail track
- Embedded rail track
- Tubular rail track
- Ballast rail track